TORCS version 1.3.7 "documented" released
TORCS version 1.3.7 "documented" is available for download. First I would like to thank the contributors which helped with patches, bug reports and feedback, especially Wolf-Dieter Beelitz for our lengthy suspension discussion.
The most important changes in version 1.3.7 are the much improved api documentation (available as separate tarball), improved handling of configuration files, improvements in the racing rules, blacklisting of input device buttons, improvements in the suspension code and as usual bugfixes and code cleanups.
Changes since 1.3.6
- Added missing pictures for Doxygen generated documentation (Bernhard).
- Fixed all Doxygen (version 1.8.2) warnings (Bernhard).
- Adjusted Doxygen configuration (Bernhard).
- Added architecture overview to documentation (Bernhard).
- Updated documentation in params.cpp (Bernhard).
- Improved some currently unused functions in params.cpp (Bernhard).
- params.cpp cleanup (Bernhard).
- Restructured/improved robottools documentation (Bernhard).
- Improved documentation of interfaces (track, graphic, robot, simu) (Bernhard).
- Improved pointer checking in RmLoadingScreenSetText (Bernhard).
- Improved race manager API documentation (Bernhard).
- Added RmGetCategoryName to race manager API, as the name suggests (Bernhard).
- Removed obsolete file confscreens.h (Bernhard).
- Improved ReApplyRaceTimePenalties for cases where drivers did not complete a
single lap or the car has been wrecked (Bernhard).
- Removed some outdated files from human driver (Bernhard).
- TORCS configuration and result files go now to correct place on Windows,
e.g. to AppData/Local/torcs on Windows 7 (Bernhard).
- Result saving creates directory if not available, matters when creating
custom racemanagers or running custom batches with -r (Bernhard).
- Improved -r on Windows, paths containing backslashes ('\') are now working
- Added ShFolder.lib to VS 6 project files (required for SHGetFolderPath).
For VS 6 builds you will need to install the Windows Server 2003 February
Edition CORE SDK (the last one which worked with VS 6) and set the lib
and include path in the VS 6 options (Bernhard).
- Fixed some gcc 4.8.1 warnings (Bernhard).
- Disabled penalties after race finish, reported by MarkP (MarkP, Bernhard).
- Added new options to trackgen for testing, see -i, -o (Bernhard).
- Added a test suite to generate a bulk of tracks ("test" directory) (Bernhard).
- Added blacklisting of button events in player preferences, needed to set up
input devices which fire button and axis events on analogue buttons, e.g.
L2/R2 of playstation 4 controllers. Add in the drivers section of
preferences.xml e.g. <attstr name="blacklisted events" val="BTN7-0,BTN8-0"/>
- Improved wheel velocity calculation (Bernhard).
- Improved suspension code to catch damping spikes in extreme conditions and
setups, for TRB (Wolf-Dieter, Bernhard).
- Added comments in susp.cpp (Bernhard).
- Ensure that the third element just produces positive forces (Wolf-Dieter,
Posted by berniwadm
Thursday, May 26, 2016 (14:11:46)