About TORCS Mailing Lists Documentation Videos Racing Competitions Research Related Sites
TORCS Version 1.3.0-test1 Released
There is a new test release available for download.
The source package compiles on Linux, FreeBSD and Windows (vc++ 6.0).
There are various files available:
You find the installation instructions for the source package in the README file, a common mistake is to forget "make datainstall".
There is as well an updated FAQ in the doc directory of the package in case you run into trouble.
For a detailed changelog hit the Read More link below. Bye, have fun,
Changes since 1.2.4
- Added Doppler workaround for OpenAL Windows (Christos).
- Fixed curb height calculation in rttrack.cpp:RtTrackHeightL() (Christos).
- Fixed very little steering error around the center discovered by Eugen
(Eugen, Christos, Bernhard).
- Fixed reading and writing of Olethros data files on non-Posix platforms
- Verified OpenAL volume jump, seems to be gone, perhaps caused by source
scheduler (Christos, Bernhard).
- Track tutorial added to CVS (Christos).
- Fixed -s option in Windows and usage of multitexturing if extension is not
- Fixed wrong car corners for cars with noncentral center of gravity (Bernhard).
- Added support for multiple cars per pit. The cars must be of the same team,
define it in the racemanager race section (e.g. "First Race" in endrace.xml)
with . Values from 1-4 are accepted. Be
aware that the robots are not adopted, this is just for TRB use for now
- Fixed segfault in new pit code (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Updated 360-Modena model and textures for player, berniw, inferno and damned
- Added fixed cameras to alpine-1 (Christos).
- Improved field of view ratio handling (Felix K?hling, Christos).
- Fixed floating F10 camera (Christos).
- Updated bt with changes from bt_2004 (Bernhard).
- Totally reworked lotus-gt1 model (Andrew, Bernhard).
- New textures for the new lotus-gt1 model (Bernhard).
- Hide warning about too long debug symbols in vc++ debug project (Bernhard).
- Updated binary files with admin -kb in CVS to solve problems of WinCVS
- Updated windows project files and code such that the projects compile
cleanly (except Olethros, disabled for now, need to resolve the "clock"
- Fixed a bug which prevented the display of all available resolutions which
xrandr advertises (Bernhard).
- Applied suggested gcc 4.1 compile fix (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Fixed wrong flags (-kk) in ssggraph (Bernhard).
- Some corrections in the robot tutorial (Wino, Bernhard).
- Added track wheel-2 created by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Added track street-1 created by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Replaced track dirt-3 with new track created by Andrew Sumner
- Removed some outdated files (CHANGELOG.html, TODO.html) (Bernhard).
- Added new track Ruudskogen created by Tor Arne Hustvedt, ported
to TORCS by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Fixed minor visual issues of the lotus-gt1 (Bernhard).
- Reworked viper (Andrew).
- Once again totally reworked viper (Bernhard).
- New textures for all vipers (berniw, player, lliaw) (Bernhard).
- Reduced front clift/increased rear clift of lotus-gt1 by 0.1
to make it more drivable with the keyboard (Bernhard).
- Replaced the player setups for the viper, lotus and 360-modena
by berniw setups with minor adjustments (Bernhard).
- Fixed aspect ratio of counters, works now fine with any screen
- Fixed multiplayer key handling when driver crashed (Mart Kelder,
- Fixed wrong key-state after pitmenu, excellent report by Mart Kelder,
needs more testing (Bernhard).
- Adjustments on car data files and models (360-modena, viper, lotus)
- New car (car1-trb1), prototype/experiment for "unified" cars (unified: usable
as direct opponents) (Bernhard).
- Improved possible packers thickness of category Track-RWD-GrA to 50mm
- Totally reworked michigan track (Bernhard).
- Added -fno-strict-aliasing for now to avoid warnings with newer versions off
gcc which enables strict-aliasing by default (Bernhard).
- Fixed compile warnings in img.cpp (Bernhard).
- Updated bat files to deploy michigan, ruudskogen and car1-trb1 (Bernhard).
- Updated installer (Bernhard).
- Fixed ancient and obscure menu crash bug (not executed "Quit" releases handle
of main menu "Quit") (Bernhard).
- Fixed ole-road-1 beginning/end matching (Bernhard).
- Screenshots go now to local dir (.torcs/screenshots) (Bernhard).
- Get/write raceengine.xml to users local dir (Bernhard).
Posted by berniwadm
Sunday, October 08, 2006 (00:41:31)
Average Score: 0
Please take a second and vote for this article:
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Staff Online:No staff members are online!
Would you like to develop a robot ?
We have received11911370
page views since