TORCS Version 1.3.0 Released
TORCS version 1.3.0 is available for download.
The most important changes are reworked cars and tracks (Andrew, Bernhard), improved and new opponents (Christos, Bernhard),
and a lot of little improvements and a few new features (Bernhard, Christos, Mart Kelder and a lot of other people).
Hit Read More below to review the full set of changes.
I would like to thank all the people which made this release possible, especially Andrew, Brian, Christos, Mart, Eliam, Olaf, Eugen,
Felix, Eric, Christophe and all contributors of former releases.
Thanks as well to the community which helped with patches, testing, artwork and valuable comments.
Thank you all very very much.
If you are interested in the list with the available packages or the changelog
hit the Read More link below. In case you run into trouble have a look into the FAQ, there is as well
a section about how you should report a problem. If you like TORCS and think you can write a better AI meet us here,
if you want to know how good or bad you drive find it out here.
If you are interested in how the 1.2.4 release spread, look at the download statistics.
TORCS 1.2.4 got on sf.net alone 220'000 downloads, and at least (!) 500'000 if you count the downloads
on various free software sites, it is amazing... Bye, have fun,
If the configure script does not find the X11 library or include files you can pass the location as parameter to the configure script, example:
./configure --x-libraries=/usr/lib/ --x-includes=/usr/include/X11/
There are some broken OpenAL installations in the wild, so if TORCS crashes in OpenAL (start it with torcs -d to get a backtrace on crash) go to the sound options menu in TORCS and switch to the plib backend.
If you install TORCS on Windows in a path which contains blanks, TORCS will crash when you switch the display resolution. You can simply restart it afterwards. To avoid this you can install TORCS in a path which does not contain blanks. The bug is fixed in the CVS, it is caused by different path treating of the execlp implementations on Windows and Linux.
Updates from Former Versions
- If you have already the 1.3.0-test1 source package apply the diff.
- If you have the 1.3.0-test1 windows version from the installer get this patch.
This is a collection of links with content which made it not to 1.3.0.
Changes since 1.3.0-test1
- Fixed bt pit bug reported by Mart Kelder (Mark Kelder, Bernhard).
- Fixed missing car category reported by Mart Kelder (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Fixed various gcc warnings (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Support newer version of OpenAL where ALUT and OpenAL are two distinct
- Add X11 libraries in configure.in to LDFLAGS in a later stage (Bernhard)
- Version number to 1.3.0 (Bernhard)
- Packaging and installers (Bernhard).
Changes since 1.2.4
- Added Doppler workaround for OpenAL Windows (Christos).
- Fixed curb height calculation in rttrack.cpp:RtTrackHeightL() (Christos).
- Fixed very little steering error around the center discovered by Eugen
(Eugen, Christos, Bernhard).
- Fixed reading and writing of Olethros data files on non-Posix platforms
- Verified OpenAL volume jump, seems to be gone, perhaps caused by source
scheduler (Christos, Bernhard).
- Track tutorial added to CVS (Christos).
- Fixed -s option in Windows and usage of multitexturing if extension is not
- Fixed wrong car corners for cars with noncentral center of gravity (Bernhard).
- Added support for multiple cars per pit. The cars must be of the same team,
define it in the racemanager race section (e.g. "First Race" in endrace.xml)
with . Values from 1-4 are accepted. Be
aware that the robots are not adopted, this is just for TRB use for now
- Fixed segfault in new pit code (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Updated 360-Modena model and textures for player, berniw, inferno and damned
- Added fixed cameras to alpine-1 (Christos).
- Improved field of view ratio handling (Felix K?hling, Christos).
- Fixed floating F10 camera (Christos).
- Updated bt with changes from bt_2004 (Bernhard).
- Totally reworked lotus-gt1 model (Andrew, Bernhard).
- New textures for the new lotus-gt1 model (Bernhard).
- Hide warning about too long debug symbols in vc++ debug project (Bernhard).
- Updated binary files with admin -kb in CVS to solve problems of WinCVS
- Updated windows project files and code such that the projects compile
cleanly (except Olethros, disabled for now, need to resolve the "clock"
- Fixed a bug which prevented the display of all available resolutions which
xrandr advertises (Bernhard).
- Applied suggested gcc 4.1 compile fix (Mart Kelder, Bernhard).
- Fixed wrong flags (-kk) in ssggraph (Bernhard).
- Some corrections in the robot tutorial (Wino, Bernhard).
- Added track wheel-2 created by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Added track street-1 created by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Replaced track dirt-3 with new track created by Andrew Sumner
- Removed some outdated files (CHANGELOG.html, TODO.html) (Bernhard).
- Added new track Ruudskogen created by Tor Arne Hustvedt, ported
to TORCS by Andrew Sumner (Andrew, Bernhard).
- Fixed minor visual issues of the lotus-gt1 (Bernhard).
- Reworked viper (Andrew).
- Once again totally reworked viper (Bernhard).
- New textures for all vipers (berniw, player, lliaw) (Bernhard).
- Reduced front clift/increased rear clift of lotus-gt1 by 0.1
to make it more drivable with the keyboard (Bernhard).
- Replaced the player setups for the viper, lotus and 360-modena
by berniw setups with minor adjustments (Bernhard).
- Fixed aspect ratio of counters, works now fine with any screen
- Fixed multiplayer key handling when driver crashed (Mart Kelder,
- Fixed wrong key-state after pitmenu, excellent report by Mart Kelder,
needs more testing (Bernhard).
- Adjustments on car data files and models (360-modena, viper, lotus)
- New car (car1-trb1), prototype/experiment for "unified" cars (unified: usable
as direct opponents) (Bernhard).
- Improved possible packers thickness of category Track-RWD-GrA to 50mm
- Totally reworked michigan track (Bernhard).
- Added -fno-strict-aliasing for now to avoid warnings with newer versions off
gcc which enables strict-aliasing by default (Bernhard).
- Fixed compile warnings in img.cpp (Bernhard).
- Updated bat files to deploy michigan, ruudskogen and car1-trb1 (Bernhard).
- Updated installer (Bernhard).
- Fixed ancient and obscure menu crash bug (not executed "Quit" releases handle
of main menu "Quit") (Bernhard).
- Fixed ole-road-1 beginning/end matching (Bernhard).
- Screenshots go now to local dir (.torcs/screenshots) (Bernhard).
- Get/write raceengine.xml to users local dir (Bernhard).
Posted by berniwadm
Monday, November 06, 2006 (10:34:07)