TORCS version 1.3.4-test2 available (source package and source patch)
TORCS version 1.3.4-test2 is available, as patch against the 1.3.4-test1 and as all-in-one source package, get it here.
This release adds support for Valgrind runs, and has lots of memory leaks fixed (beware, for the ordinary users there were no significant leaks, but during development it is annoying if you get spammed even with practically irrelevant leaks by Valgrind, so for further development it makes sense to clean this up). TORCS has no "definitely lost blocks" (caused by TORCS) anymore in the ordinary running path, I reduced as well the "still reachable" count (the console mode is even there almost clean).
For details about running TORCS under Valgrind have a look at the README file. As usual, hit Read More below to review the full set of changes. Please test this release very hard, because it is easy to introduce errors when fixing memory leaks. After having done the boring stuff, I will start now working on the feature part of 1.3.4.
Changes since 1.3.4-test1
- Added search facility to TRB (Bernhard).
- Added hall of fame to TRB (Bernhard).
- Added command line option to run under valgrind (-g) (Bernhard).
- Fixed tiny memory leak (module info was not released) (Bernhard).
- Fixed tiny memory leak (carname for results not released) (Bernhard).
- Adopted human.cpp to work with mem leak fixes (because of releasing memory now human.cpp would crash) (Bernhard).
- Fixed various small memory leaks in solid, just significant for tracks with pit walls (Bernhard).
- Added command line option "-k" (keep) to suppress the execution of dlclose (useful for valgrind runs to get symbol information instead of ??) (Bernhard).
- Fixed uninitialized variable in sound code (Bernhard).
- Fixed a bug in ModFreeInfoList, was not significant, because the function has never been used so far (Bernhard).
- Fixed small memory leaks in driverselect (Bernhard).
- Fixed small memory leak regarding directory.cpp (Bernhard).
- Fixed small memory leak in trackselect.cpp (Bernhard).
- Fixed many memory leaks in ssggraph (Bernhard).
- Fixed remaining tiny memory leaks regarding GfTime2Str (Bernhard).
- Disabled some xml caching to reduce memory footprint (Bernhard).
- Fixed more remaining leaked handles (Bernhard).
Changes since 1.3.3
- Fixed wrong map rendering when window was scaled/not fully filled, reported by racer14 (Dan Nace) on the TRB (Dan, Bernhard).
- Fixed a label positioning problem when extra long strings are drawn into the same label in every timestep (Bernhard).
- Added rule: If the car touches a wall during a best lap, is not counted any more as fastest lap (to avoid using walls on alpine-2 etc. for qualifying times), inspired by this discussion (Bernhard).
- Added rule: When cutting a corner during a best lap, the lap is not counted anymore as fastest lap. Cutting a corner is if the center of gravity is 0.7*carwidth outside of the main track segment in the turn inside, so on straights or on the turn outside you can still leave the track, pit entries and exits count as well as track (Bernhard).
- Restricted new rules to practice and qualifying (Bernhard).
- Timewarp goes now up to 128x real time, to keep the GUI responsive at least on every 2000th timestep a frame is rendered, it does not accumulate time anymore, so the slowdown commands are more responsive (Bernhard).
- Fixed ordering issue when two drivers have the same qualifying time, the first runner should now be always on top (Bernhard).
- Added a tad more damage when scratching parallel to the wall (Bernhard).
- Applied OpenAL linkage patch provided by Paletta, see #3517253 (Paletta, Bernhard).
- Got rid of more gcc 4.6 warnings, just 2 left (Bernhard).
Posted by berniwadm
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 (13:42:03)