About TORCS Mailing Lists Documentation Videos Racing Competitions Research Related Sites
TORCS version 1.3.5 "Tuners Paradise" released
TORCS version 1.3.5 is available for download. First I would like to thank the contributors which helped with patches, bug reports,
build notes and feedback, these are Wolf-Dieter Beelitz, Daniel Schellhammer, Jasper van de Ven, Jon Zabala, Stacey Pritchett, SteveO and
Rene Ladan. Thank you all very much.
The most important changes in 1.3.5 are the ability to modify/store/load car setups during
practice and qualifying sessions (screen reachable when you hit escape, "Car Setup, Restart" or during a pit stop, "Setup"),
improved content (totally reworked racetrack e-track-2,
improved e-track-6 and wheel-2), the ability of robots to change the car setup during a pit stop (have a look at the
tCarPitSetup structure), new Robottools API calls for handling car setups, improvements to the simulation engine (1.5 way LSD, third element),
adjustments to the car categories and physical models, a new 4 speed stock car and category,
improvements to the TORCS Racing Board (public download of robots from past championships, review best lap times per track),
and as usual, many little improvements and bug fixes.
Hit Read More below to review the full set of changes.
Another thing, the TORCS Endurance World Championship 2013 is done, Daniel Schellhammer won with his DanDroid team, congratulations.
Review the results here, if you want to
congratulate or ask for an autograph you can do this here, you can download the competing robots and the champion here.
Here are some videos from the 2013 Championship, the 2012 roundup is available here.
Note to tCarPitSetup
The idea is that the robot implements an own class which contains a member/list of this type to keep track of the setup history, this is much more convenient to handle than
dealing with the files all the time. It enables as well the "hot update" of the set up during the running simulation without restart. There is currently no robot using it, have a look at the carsetupscreen.cpp for details.
This might open up a new kind of competition style on the TORCS Racing Board.
Changes since 1.3.4
- Updated history (Bernhard).
- Applied linking patch for systems with liker option "--as-needed" (Ubuntu), patch provided
by Jasper van de Ven (Jasper, Bernhard).
- Updated robotgen script for recent changes, patch provided by Jasper van de Ven
- TRB: Updated installdb.php to allow longer session keys (Bernhard).
- TRB: Added best qualifying lap times per event in track view (Bernhard).
- TRB: Adjusted styling in templates towards themeing (Bernhard).
- TRB: Added public download of robots when event is done (Bernhard).
- TRB: Added TORCS versioning for races (Bernhard).
- TRB: Added installation instructions (Bernhard).
- Fixed bug #98 (non buttons for non leading human player) reported by Jon Zabala. The problem
was floating point comparison with different types (lastKeyUpdate != s->currentTime)
- Added build notes for VS2005 Express, VS2008 Express, VS2010, VS2012 provided by Eric,
Wolf-Dieter, Stacey and Steve (Eric, Wolf-Dieter, Stacey, Steve, Bernhard).
- Fixed accc allocating too small array for texture coordinates in pathologic cases (e.g.
just 1 or 2 surfaces per object, or all surfaces specially mapped) (Bernhard).
- Fixed car center of car1-stock1 (Bernhard).
- Fixed car center of car8-trb1 (Bernhard).
- New category and car (4-speed stock car) (Bernhard).
- Fix in RtDistToPit to ensure that the value gets not bigger than the track length, reported
by Daniel Schellhammer (Daniel, Bernhard).
- Fixed trackgen state consistency for border height, height is now carried over if there is
no new definition given (Bernhard).
- Fixed track barriers not taking into account the texture offset property in trackgen
("texture start on boundary") (Bernhard).
- Adopted download location of trackeditor in README (Bernhard).
- Fixed car flying off with extreme suspension settings, see
- Fixed applied force when wheel has lost touch with the ground (Bernhard).
- Added suspension parameter to set up slow->fast thresholds, "fast bump threshold" and
"fast rebound threshold" (Bernhard).
- Adopted robots to brake full when in "landing zone" for saver pit stops (Bernhard).
- Modified LSD (limited slip differential) from one way to 1.5 way, modified behaviour for
unlocked operation, see car8-trb1 as example (Bernhard).
- Fixed moment calculation for free differential, the sum of the moments was ok, but it
created "virtual energy" (Bernhard).
- Fixed slip calculation for limited slip differential, from fabs(v1-v2)/fabs(v1+v2) to
fabs(v1-v2)/(fabs(v1)+fabs(v2))), this ensures that the function stays between 0..1,
important mostly at initial conditions (Bernhard).
- Fixed viscous coupler not operating in given parameter range (Bernhard).
- Added more tracks to championship mode (Bernhard).
- More improvements in wheel.cpp for handling extreme initial conditions, reviewed the
suspension velocity scaling (it is fine) (Bernhard).
- Adjusted drag coefficient of p406 (Bernhard).
- Changed suspension defaults for fast bump and rebound to the slow values (so if just slow
values are given the fast values are the same as the slow ones, so you get an "ordinary"
damper, previous default was 0.0) (Bernhard).
- Implemented 3rd element, use "spring", "suspension course", "slow bump" and "slow rebound" in
the axle section to set it up. The suspension course defines when the element kicks in, so
"3rd suspension course" * "bellcrank of ordinary suspension" should be significantly
smaller than the ride height (otherwise the element is active all the time) (Bernhard).
- Tiny optimization in anti rollbar code (Bernhard).
- Added initial support for setting up cars, work in progress (Bernhard).
- Added RtGetCarPitSetupFilename, RtSaveCarPitSetup, RtSaveCarPitSetup, RtLoadCarSetup and
RtInitCarPitSetup to robottools (Bernhard).
- Adopted builds to carsetupscreen (Bernhard).
- Bugfix regarding editbox and enable/disable, did not matter so far because it was not
used like this (Bernhard).
- Added button enable/disable logic in pitmenu (e.g. just enable "stop and go" if a penalty
is pending") (Bernhard).
- Finished car setup screen (Bernhard).
- Use setups in human driver (Bernhard).
- Mute sound during in game menus and on "pause" (Bernhard).
- Removed plib sound backend choice in menu (Bernhard).
- Adopted p406 car and associated category to allow useful value ranges for setups
- Adopted car1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8-trb1 car and trb1 category to allow useful value ranges for
setups, trb1 cars support now the third element (Bernhard).
- Adopted car1-ow1 and category to allow useful value ranges for setups, ow1 cars
support now the third element (Bernhard).
- Adopted car1-stock1 and category to allow useful value ranges for setups, changed
differential from free to limited slip (Bernhard).
- Adopted car1-stock2 and category to allow useful value ranges for setups (Bernhard).
- Added handling of invalid viscous coupler parameters, because user can change those now
in the car setup GUI (min > max) (Bernhard).
- Adopted Offroad-4WD-GrA category for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Adopted pw-206/306/corolla/evoiv/focus/impreza-wrc car settings, changed front
differential from free to limited slip (Bernhard).
- Adopted Track-4WD-GrB category and 155-DTM car for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Adopted Track-RWD-GrB category and acura-nsx-sz car for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Adopted Offroad-RWD-GrA category and bajy-bug/buggy car for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Adopted Historic category and 2000gt, 5300gt, A110, TZ2, AH3000MkII, Cobra427,
Cobra DS, Cornero, T-Top, Gtb4-Daytona, DB4Z, AM DBS, 246GT, Ghibli, Grifo, GT40,
250GTO and 330P4 cars for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Refitted various Historic cars with real world data (Bernhard).
- Adopted car1-trb3 car and trb3 category for setup screen (Bernhard).
- Adopted robots to setup changes (Bernhard).
- Changed version to 1.3.5-test1 (Bernhard).
- Updated Windows installer (Bernhard).
Changes since 1.3.5-test1
- Added support for unit "lbf" in params.cpp (Bernhard).
- Changed unit from lbs to lbf in carsetupscreen for catalogue like spring/damper rates
(with lbs the problem is that it is not detected as force, so the 9.80665 (G) is not
taken into account when converting to SI for internal use) (Bernhard).
- Fixed some z-fighting on wheel-2 (Bernhard).
- Added raceline to wheel-2 (Bernhard).
- Adjusted lighting of wheel-2, brightened shadow map (Bernhard).
- Removed isnan/isinf check in simu.cpp on gear variable, reported by Rene Ladan
(FreeBSD LLVM clang compatibility) (Rene, Bernhard).
- Fixed compilation of simuv3 (Bernhard).
- Added raceline to e-track-6 (Bernhard).
- Adjusted lighting of e-track-6 (Bernhard).
- Adjusted surface properties of e-track-6 (Bernhard).
- Totally reworked e-track-2 (Bernhard).
- Added "currentMinSpeedForLap" to tCarElt, as suggested by Wolf-Dieter, measures min
speed for the current lap, resets on start line crossing (Wolf-Dieter, Bernhard).
- Packaging/installer, released as 1.3.5 (Bernhard).
Posted by berniwadm
Friday, November 15, 2013 (12:10:29)
Average Score: 5
Please take a second and vote for this article:
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Staff Online:No staff members are online!
Would you like to develop a robot ?
We have received11970048
page views since