TORCS 1.2.0 is available
Monday, March 31, 2003 (14:55:50)
Posted by torcs
The 1.2.0 version of TORCS is available for download.
I'd really like to thank all the people who have contributed to the project.
Special thanks to Christophe "Guions" Guionneau, Bernhard "Berniw" Wymann, Bernhard Kaindl, Henrik Enqvist, Gernot Galli and Jean-Christophe "skinner" Durieu for their help.
Please consult the download & installation instructions.
A very good robot tutorial and installation instructions are available on Bernhard Wymann's site in the torcs section.
And as usual, if you have problems or questions, send a mail to the [torcs-users] mailing list.
Note: the win32 archive have been fixed on the download servers.
- True full screen mode for Windows.
- Full screen mode for Linux (partly working) working better with freeglut than GLUT (thx to Bernhard Kaindl for the help).
- Inside view camera fixed.
- Lighting enabled (by Christophe)
- Objects strips and normals recalculated (by Christophe)
- 3 layer Multitexturing (by Christophe)
- Multiple LOD on the cars based on the size on the screen (done with the latest version of AC3D).
- Points and standings
- Configuration and calibration screens for mouse control (thx to Bernhard Kaindl for the help)
- Keyboard can be used for commands (but not yet steering)
- By user configuration files and results (Linux only) (thx to Bernhard Kaindl for the help)
- Super Cool g-track-3 from Christophe.
- Berniw enhanced a lot
- Other robots enhanced (added pit stops).
- A lot of bugs have been corrected.
- Win32 is now a lot more stable than before.