TORCS version 1.3.3 released
Friday, February 17, 2012 (08:58:17)
Posted by berniwadm
TORCS version 1.3.3 is available for download.
The most important changes are new content (two tracks, new car), a pure command line mode (for AI training and testing) and bug/security fixes,
hit Read More below to review the full set of changes.
The security fixes are relevant if you download and install content from the internet, otherwise they are not urgent. Nonetheless, I recommend
everybody to update anyway.
I would like to thank all the people which contributed to this release, these are Andrew, Gabor, Milestone, Andres, Eckhard and David.
Thank you all very much.
If you are interested in the list with the available packages or the changelog
hit the Read More link below. In case you run into trouble have a look into the FAQ, there is as well
a section about how you should report a problem. If you like TORCS and think you can write a better AI meet us here.
If you have a linking problem with your Linux distro, this patch might help you.
Changes since 1.3.2
- Adopted trb for newer PHP (>= 5.2) versions (Bernhard).
- Added race schedule "wizard" to trb, championships are much quicker to set up (Bernhard).
- Little trb improvements (Bernhard).
- Created/added new wheels for stock cars (Bernhard).
- Created/added new stock car category (Bernhard).
- Created/added new stock car (Bernhard).
- Created/added textures for drivers of the new stock car, berniw 1, berniw 2, bt 1, bt 2, reconfigured drivers to use this car (Bernhard).
- Replaced more sprintf's (Bernhard).
- Fixed some gcc 4.6 warnings (not yet all though) (Bernhard).
- Removed *ascar category and car (stock1 is the replacement) (Bernhard).
- Adopted Windows ports/project files to the changes (Bernhard).
- trb car users can now choose from all trb wheels (Bernhard).
- minor setup adjustments for trb cars (suspension can extend a tad more) (Bernhard).
- Now you can run races in command line mode, have a look at the FAQ for details (Bernhard).
- Added track "Corkscrew", created by Gabor Kmetyko and Andrew Sumner (Gabor, Andrew, Bernhard).
- Added track "Brondehach", created by Andrew Sumner, "Milestone" and Eckhard Jaeger (Andrew, Milestone, Eckhard, Bernhard).
- Fixed another possible buffer overflow reported by Andres Gomez (Andres, Bernhard).
- Fixed #2838393 as suggested by David Zimmerman (added seconds to result file name) (David, Bernhard).
- Updated the FAQ regarding new command line mode and other questions (Bernhard).
- Updated installer/version number etc. (Bernhard)