TORCS version 1.3.4-test1 available as patch
Sunday, May 20, 2012 (17:14:06)
Posted by berniwadm
TORCS version 1.3.4-test1 is available as patch against the 1.3.3 all-in-one source package, get it here.
This is an intermediate release (so 1.3.4 will not follow too soon), but it is a tad better than 1.3.3, hit Read More below to review the full set of changes.
I have uploaded as well a windows installer.
Changes since 1.3.3
- Fixed wrong map rendering when window was scaled/not fully filled, reported by racer14 (Dan Nace) on the TRB (Dan, Bernhard).
- Fixed a label positioning problem when extra long strings are drawn into the same label in every timestep (Bernhard).
- Added rule: If the car touches a wall during a best lap, is not counted any more as fastest lap (to avoid using walls on alpine-2 etc. for qualifying times), inspired by this discussion (Bernhard).
- Added rule: When cutting a corner during a best lap, the lap is not counted anymore as fastest lap. Cutting a corner is if the center of gravity is 0.7*carwidth outside of the main track segment in the turn inside, so on straights or on the turn outside you can still leave the track, pit entries and exits count as well as track (Bernhard).
- Restricted new rules to practice and qualifying (Bernhard).
- Timewarp goes now up to 128x real time, to keep the GUI responsive at least on every 2000th timestep a frame is rendered, it does not accumulate time anymore, so the slowdown commands are more responsive (Bernhard).
- Fixed ordering issue when two drivers have the same qualifying time, the first runner should now be always on top (Bernhard).
- Added a tad more damage when scratching parallel to the wall (Bernhard).
- Applied OpenAL linkage patch provided by Paletta, see #3517253 (Paletta, Bernhard).
- Got rid of more gcc 4.6 warnings, just 2 left (Bernhard).